August 22, 2011

Current Reads

Looking for a good book? I've got plenty of recommendations...after all, I read like it's my job (anyone looking for a book critic?? That would be another one of my dream jobs!. Here are a few of them (no spoilers, I promise!):

1) At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks- I read this one in about 3 days, and during those few days, it was like an appendage. I was completely attached. The book follows Jeremy and Lexie through their whirlwind love story after a chance meeting. I laughed, but I cried even more. Talk about a tear-jerker! This is a great book for the beach, and great to read before bed if you don't mind staying awake a few more hours than you expected because you just can't put it down!

2) The Thank You Economy by Gary Vaynerchuck- If you are starting a business, already own one, or have anything to do with sales or marketing, this is a must-read. Not only does it discuss effective ways to increase your customer loyalty and building a relationship with your customers, but it does so with humor. This is not the typical, dry, boring econ book; it's entertaining and informative. Awesome.

3) Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair by Pablo Neruda- I'm not usually big on poetry, but I started reading Neruda's poetry not long ago, and I can't get enough. This is my favorite collection by him, but be warned, the poems aren't appropriate for kids! I read them in the original Spanish, and I recommend that if you can, but they are just as beautiful in English--give it a try!

 Up next on my list: Baggage Claim, Mother Theresa: Her Essential Wisdom, Wuthering Heights (loved it the first time, so I'm reading it again!) and The Autobiography of Nelson Mandela. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog--seriously, you're awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...