August 21, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away

For the last couple of days, people of all ages and all walks of life poured into downtown Flint to see some pretty sweet rides. Old cars, new cars, red cars, blue cars. A little bit of everything.

Generally, I know next to nothing about cars. All I want to know is that when I put the key in my car and give it a turn, the engine fires up. I'm convinced, however, that my boyfriend knows everything there is to know about cars...plus some. He can identify cars instantaneously, and I'm usually surprised if he doesn't know the car's stats. Needless to say the Back to the Bricks Cruise Weekend is like a weekend of heaven for him. We walked around for a while Friday night, and he pointed out all the impressive cars (in my world, if it looks cool, it's impressive...that's not always true in the world of car people, apparently).

On Saturday, my younger sister and I headed back downtown to pass out some awesome keychains and bracelets for Fossil Cars. Of course, getting there was an adventure in and of itself. I'm not great with directions... and by that, I mean I'm absolutely awful at navigating anywhere. My ability to get lost in my own hometown is almost legendary. Everyone knows it.

Anyway, as we passed out the keychains and bracelets, we went from practically overheating in the hot sun to running through a torrential downpour in a matter of moments. As we ducked for cover in a doorway, a little boy and his dad were heading to the same area, only the kid was crying...hard. He had lost a flipflop while running through the rain and was quite upset about losing it.  We gave him a bracelet and a keychain and he started to calm down, but there was just no forgetting that flipflop.

We were completely drenched by the time we reached the pavilion area, and watched as the rain chased the crowd out of town. When talk of hail began, most of the cars were gone in a flash. It's amazing how fast the weather can change, huh? Eh, it was fun while it lasted, and we will definitely be back next year!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for next year!! But there is to much before then for de to want time to speed up...Halloween, thanksgiving, Sept. 6th, Christmas...you know, the important ones :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog--seriously, you're awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...