March 15, 2012

Public Enemy #1

I found him. He looks like this:

This little guy was on the wall just outside my door this afternoon, as if he was just waiting for the chance to buzz inside and start driving me crazy.

It's only March.

I don't even want to know what that means for the mosquito population this summer when it's been warm for a while, but I'm getting the feeling it will be a very..ahem..productive year for them.

Silver lining:

This means it's actually warm enough for the mosquitoes to come out, which means I have hung up all my skirts and brought out the storage container which has been home to my short sleeves and shorts. Let me take a moment to savor that: shorts.

I am so ready for the warm weather. My heat has been turned off for days, I officially purchased patio furniture, and my little plant named Charlie looks much, much happier than he did about a month ago. As I write this, I can hear the sound of crickets and frogs outside, and their songs are a welcome sound after the last few months of cold.

Not welcome, however, is Public Enemy #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog--seriously, you're awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...