August 18, 2011

Call Me Old Fashioned

Almost daily, my boyfriend likes to remind me that he thinks I came straight out of the 1800s (depending on the day, sometimes a century or two earlier). I generally laugh it off-- sarcasm and jokes are an essential part of our relationship-- but today I came to a horrific, awful, terrifying realization: I sometimes do things that I suppose aren't normal for my age group and would be more well-suited for a "back in my day" story.

This morning I cracked open another book, not on my Kindle (not that I have one...), but an actual book, binding and that awesome "new book smell" and all.

Later, I picked up a needle and thread and patched up a faulty seam in my shirt. Since I was already in the midst of sewing a blanket for the looming fall and winter months, I got that back out as well and started stitching. Old school style. I opted out of the sewing machine option so that I could sit on the porch swing with my tea at the same time.

Of course, I could have chosen to finish the other blanket I started crocheting a few years ago before getting distracted. 

Granted, this is just one day's events...but I guess for now, call me Laura Ingles.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Laura...I was wondering if when you were done with your knitting if you would make me some Doilies

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog--seriously, you're awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...