November 30, 2011

Well Hello, Snow!

I am a royal dummy. I was at my parent's house for the Thanksgiving weekend, which was so much fun. However, when I left to return home and to work, I stupidly forgot my coat there.

Not to worry, I thought. The forecast said high forties...I can handle that. Come on, I'm from Michigan, when it gets into the 60s, I'm ready to break out the bathing suit for a little tan!

Guess what? It snowed, and I mean snowed. When I got to work yesterday, I was cursing my lack of a coat, but quickly clicking my heels against the pavement to get into the front doors. When I left, I very slowly tiptoed my way across that same pavement (or should I say ice?!) in a state of constant instability. I'm so grateful that my boss called my office to tell me I could leave early to beat the winter storms that were headed our way, because I have an hour long commute...and I had no idea what was going on outside (I have a beautiful window above my desk-which I can't see out of because it's a sort of opaque stained glass).

All the way home, I fought the slipping, sliding, and fishtailing, but I made it. It was plenty dark by the time dinner was finished cooking, and I suppose I didn't pay much attention to what was going on outside after that. When I woke up at 5:30 this morning to get ready to leave, everything was covered, tree limbs in the yard were down, and the road and driveway were impossible to find. Uh oh.

Again, I got lucky when I opened my email and saw a new message from my boss which said I could work from home today to avoid the road conditions. I gladly accepted and have been ticking away at my to-do list since this morning.

Whew. Lunch break over. Enjoy the snow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog--seriously, you're awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...