October 20, 2011

Ah, To Think...

This is not me, of course, but doesn't this look like the comfiest
sleeping arrangement in the world?
I think the most in the morning when I first wake up, and at night before I fall asleep. Doing the latter of the two generally means my thoughts are never completed and I end up with some ridiculous dream because, really, I fall asleep quite quickly when my head hits the pillow.

Often, this means a whirlwind of thoughts in very strange combinations...so I thought I'd share exactly what is running through my mind at this very second:

"I really, desperately need a haircut, and I'm not sure how I was planning on making it all the way to next week. In fact, I'm half tempted to shave my head bald and be done with it. This brushing and blow-drying my hair everyday takes a lot of time and generally ends with a shrug and a hope it stays in place. Place. Crap. I need to look up directions to that interview on Monday. Which reminds me, I really, really can't risk having the same experience as the one in Detroit, so I should probably scope it out the day before, except it's two hours away. Hmm, maybe I could find a friend who lives there and crash with them the night before. Yes. Good. I have a plan for tomorrow... and HOLY S*#$! WHAT IS THAT?? TELL ME THAT IS NOT A MINI SPIDER ON THE WALL. No way I can sleep here now. No, thank you. I'm relocating. In fact, maybe I just need to move into a new house. A spider-free house...Yes. That will be my new plan for tomorrow, find a new home."

Sigh.

It's exhausting.

Here's to hoping my dreams aren't filled with spiders, because I can NOT deal with that. I would probably wake up in tears. Very big, very crocodile-like tears.

And now, to sleep, or perchance, to dream.

Just not of my 8-legged foes.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog--seriously, you're awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...