September 3, 2011

Who's Ready For Football??

Shhh..What's that sound?

Some of favorite sounds of the fall, of course! College football season has officially begun, and the fans are out tailgating, and announcers are making cheesy comments. 

I am happy to report the Spartan victory over Youngstown State on Friday. Granted, Michigan State had it relatively easy playing the Division II school, but still...at least we didn't suffer the same embarrassment as the University of Michigan in 2007 when they lost to Appalachian State. The only thing that would've been better is if Michigan had played Slippery Rock again and lost to them. Talk about karma.

My first game at the Big House with my boyfriend
and our good friend Chad!

Personally, I'm getting excited to see the Michigan vs. Michigan State game this year, especially after State's win last year. It was my first time at the Big House in Ann Arbor, and even though I'm not a Michigan fan, I will admit it was pretty cool, even though I did the unthinkable: I wore a Michigan shirt.

I promise it wasn't mine, I had to borrow it. I still maintain I did so for safety reasons since I would have been pretty outnumbered in MSU gear in the middle of the UM student section. Yikes!

We had awesome seats, too. We were on the Michigan 20-yard line, and only about 15 rows up. Can't get much better than that!

If you ever get the chance, even if you're not a Michigan fan, go to the Big House for a game. The atmosphere is incredible. There is so much energy from the fans (of course, the closer to the student section, the better!), and the approving roar coming from the stadium after each touchdown is overwhelmingly satisfying.

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to perching in front of my T.V. with a bowl of popcorn on Saturdays (Yes, Mondays, too!), turning the volume up, and obsessively checking my Fantasy Football team's stats.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog--seriously, you're awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...