August 10, 2011

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things

We all have quirks (come on, admit it, you know you do too), and of course some may argue I have a few more than others. In my recent less-than-busy days, I have been able to fully enjoy the things I love most. There's a silver lining in everything, right?

I've compiled a list of some of my favorite things, and I'm curious, do you enjoy any of the same things? Share some of your own favorites by leaving a comment!

1) Reading. I read all the time, like my life depended on it. I read "beach novels" that would definitely not be considered classics, but are still just so entertaining. I read the classics, of course, and I definitely enjoy them (in fact, I'm often accused of speaking in phrases that society has long since retired). Sometimes, I even read books that are considered textbooks, and yes, I know how much of a nerd that makes me, but there's just so much to learn out there, how could I pass that up?!
I was honored to be 1 of 2
Maids of Honor in the
wedding of my best friends!

2) Weddings. I love everything about them. The flowers, dresses, lighting, vows, the look on the groom's face as his bride walks down the aisle, everything. For a time, I considered being a wedding planner, but the realization that bridezillas are absolutely terrifying to me sort of put that idea on the back burner.

The UM vs. MSU game is
by far our biggest
disagreement
3) Fooball. Yeah, it's true. I love the atmosphere at a game, and I love the rivalry that comes with disagreeing on the better team. My boyfriend and I have a football season tradition: every week, we bet on the winning team. The winner could get anything from picking the next movie we see to making the loser wear the opposing team's colors in public (it's cruel and unusual punishment, really).

4) Duchess Catherine. Oh come one, you didn't think I would leave her out, did you? I love the simplicity and subtle beauty she brings to today's celebrities. Her hair is completely attainable for anyone, and so is her style. It would be impossible not to love her, in my opinion.  

5) Exercising. I never really feel awake until I've gotten a good workout in. Even if it's just a walk around the block, I need to get my blood moving or I will feel completely sluggish all day. For me, it's all about feeling energized and healthy, and really that's what it's all about, right?

Maybe this list was less surprising than you thought it would be, but then again, I'm not usually vocal about the football, at least. Eh, there are more things that keep me going, but those are for another day, stay tuned ;) What's on your list??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog--seriously, you're awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...