October 6, 2011

iThank You, Steve

Yesterday, the world lost a great innovator, businessman, and leader. Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple, passed away after several years of health problems (it's always the best people that seem to get sick, isn't it?). There is no shortage of news reports on this topic today, so my post will be brief.

Now, I've never owned a Mac, but I generally wish I did at least a few days a week. I have enjoyed close to a year with my iPhone, and after years of owning the world's lamest phones, I'm not sure how I survived without it. It has gotten me out of many situations in which I was hopelessly lost, helped me prove a point by looking up a quick fact online, keeps me constantly informed of the latest news headlines, ESPN updates, and even helps me waste time when I'm sitting in the waiting room at the dentist's office....all while looking sleek and cool. That's a feat certainly no human can achieve.

During his life as a business man, Steve helped build what seems to be a recession-proof company that consistently produces quality products and incredible customer service. He was a visionary, and a great one at that.

A while ago, I watched the commencement speech he gave at Stanford University in 2005, and today, I watched it again.  His words, albeit a little haunting today, were light, yet thought-provoking, and just so happen to fit perfectly with my new-found quest for attaining true happiness. Take a look below:



"Remembering you are going to die, is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose." -Steve Jobs

Follow what you love, dream big, and never, never stop believing you can achieve your wildest dreams. After all, in the end, what do you have to lose? I won't settle, will you? 

3 comments:

  1. And he did it all in only 56 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said my dear, I'm not willing to settle either, let's reach the stars together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allen- Amazing, isn't it?

    Kaitlyn- Where do I sign up?? ;) I am so excited to see where we end up in a few years!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog--seriously, you're awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...